Monday 28 May 2012

Reflection

Its been one long year. One long bumpy year full of many many problems. We have had tonnes of problems with work. Maya never works when you want it too.

I've learnt a lot in this past year, I've learnt that a lot can go wrong in one year. I really need to up my time management skills and address problems. I really need to get out of the habit of working under pressure, for some reason I work better because of it, but it doesn't leave me much time to make alterations to things.

I've also learnt that even when working with friends you still need to be tough and really tell people what you want in a film you are all working on, opinions need to be voice even if it means hurting another feelings.We were all a bit too lenient with each other when it came to telling each other what we want and don't want with the film. I also have come to the conclusion I am not the best leader as I am not authourative enough, I much prefer taking orders than giving them.

I'm happy I have done this course. I have always loved animation and I hope to one day become an animator for a games company. I really need to just do as much animation as I can now, really bump up my skills, this course has given me the tools I need to improve and work on my passion and I hope that it will one day I can be in a job I love.

I've learnt a lot over the year, I've learnt to be a lot more technical than I previously was, I'm usually worried about trying new things and getting my head around technical aspects in programs such as Maya, but I managed to learn the trax editor, rendering and further my knowledge of nCloth.

I feel my animation has progressed slightly, not as much as I had hoped but I am still improving, now that we are done I can really focus on getting some personal projects done and hone my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment