Sunday 1 April 2012

Bad Kitty!

This cat rig has been the pain of my existence during this project. It was very picky about when it wanted to work and for how long.

To begin with the cat rig was fine, but as the project went on and the cat got updated and improved, the likelihood of the damn thing opening on my Maya decreased.

I had to test out the cat rig when it was first built to find out if it all worked and if all the weights were done properly. So each time the cat was sent off to be updated the less it started to work my end. Until eventually it just stopped working all together and would crash as soon as it was opened.

We thought that maybe this could have been due to the fact that it had Vray settings on the cat whilst I did not have Vray on my maya.

In the end we resorted to making the cat and MA file rather than an MB and it made the cat a little more workable with my maya, but not all the time, sometimes it worked and some times it didn't.

Its really becoming a pain and we dont have time to make a new rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment